16 February 2008

Incroyable!

My amazing friend Marion has been selected as a finalist in the Nature Conservancy's Nature Photo of the Year Contest! Her picture really is amazing and you can see it and VOTE FOR IT at this address:

The other ones are obviously pretty good, too, but Mar's is truly superior, a mon avis, so go vote for it!!

Also, I learned yesterday that my US cell phone has taken a holiday in Korea (don't ask) and I am not sure that it will be back at my house by the time I arrive on Tues. Since my brain stopped remembering numbers about three seconds after I got my first cell phone and became completely reliant on my contacts list, I don't have a number for most of you. Therefore, if everyone who would like to hear from me would email me their numbers, that would be great...(Totally channeling Office Space right there, heh.)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just voted for Marion's picture, which was clearly the best, not to mention the fact that Yellowstone is my favorite place in the US, so it was a no-brainer. You're due back Tuesday instead of Wednesday now? I imagine your flight back is kind of like when Chester and I were in air evac - you got where you were going whenever you got there, not necessarily according to schedule (which changed frequently anyhow). Just glad you're heading back safe and sound! What happened to all of your other postings from
Africa? Can't wait to see you - Lots of love, Meem

Anonymous said...

You are coming back to US? I must have missed something.....What?!! Hope you are well. If this is true, my cell phone is 404-593-6156, let's get together!!

-Heather

Anonymous said...

Yeah, back to the US reallyì? That is exciting! I will give you my number later. In Cortona now but getting back to the states on Monday. Cant wait to catch up, love!

Anonymous said...

I am with Heather, I defintely missed something. My last blog reading said you were okay and there was no plan to leave on Feb 6. Then they all went away and you were on the way home. Rashida 202-374-6629; rashidasims@hotmail.com

JenBen said...

Where are all your blogs, you have erased your journey and are now talking about running a 5K and picture voting??!!...Have you had a dissociative fugue? I really don't care as long as you are ok and are coming home or ending up somewhere safe. Call me when you get back 703-945-7552!! Holla back yo!
Jen Hutch

Anonymous said...

Whoa, check out what I found when I google searched your name! You're in the news, Jewels! http://politics.nationmedia.com/inner.asp?sid=1467&page=3 So proud of you! Love from both Katie and I, and welcome back!

-Trey

Anonymous said...

*It's on page 3 towards the bottom.

-T

Anonymous said...

I'm weary of giving my number out to people for fear of being stalked. While I do consider you a (reasonably) safe proposition, I'd prefer to play it safe. Plus, getting the time difference between where you are and NZ right may prove difficult.

Either way, I'm pleased to here you are safe and hopefully I'll see you in July.

Take care
Stu

Anonymous said...

215-779-8442