09 June 2010

Ha.

My work computer died Monday morning. As in, the IT guy said he has never seen anything like it and the hard-drive was registering as being 100% free space, not even an operating system was there anymore. Yeah.

Happily, I had sent some version of most of my documents through Outlook, so I was able to recover a lot that way. One thing that did not make it was a document needed for one of our programs, a document that naturally took A LOT of time to develop and should have been in place, ya know, ages ago. So I'm sitting here this afternoon trying to recreate this document, probably looking puzzled/distressed/afflicted, with my mouth open and face contorted and the following exchange takes places between me and one of my new colleagues who arrived last week:
Her: Uh, are you okay?
Me: What? Oh, yeah -- that's my thinking face.
Her: Oh. It's a little scary.

HA!

Back to work, then. Will try to write a proper entry soon (and try to more closely monitor my facial expressions while at work -- heh.)

1 comment:

Trey said...

Ha, nice. My computer's power supply took a crap on me the other day. It may have prompted yours to die as well. I knew something was wrong when the obnoxious leaf-blower like noise from my PC's cooling fans suddenly stopped and woke me from my nap. Yes, quiet wakes me up apparently. Good luck getting it all back! Love from Katie and I both!