12 December 2006

Just when you thought Texas couldn't get any dumber

(NB: The header is a link to an article -- I got fancy!)

It's times like these that I am reminded of the barely stifled sighs I received fr. foreign Customs officials upon handing them my U.S. passport and I completely understand where they're coming from. I feel compelled to stress that Texas is barely part of the Union (though it often thinks it is the only state in the Union), and it is NOT -- I repeat, NOT -- part of the South (though it pretends otherwise). Texas is like a foreign object our nation foolishly ingested in its youth, not unlike a toddler swallowing a penny. It's not the best idea, it can sometimes cause abdominal pain, but usually you don't pay it much mind. The only thg. worth mentioning that has come out of TX is "Dallas," as in the television show, not the city. Oh, that womanizing, manipulative, deceitful J.R...What a hoot. Oh, and my favorite line fr. the above article must be, '"This opens up the fun of hunting to additional people, and I think that's great," [Representative] Kuempel said'. Yeah, it sure is fun when even blind ppl. can legally shoot at stuff, too.

On a cheerier note, I received the following poem fr. my DASKF (Dear And Special Kiwi Friend) Stuart:
Jules, Jules, the mighty Jules
Everyone knows she rules*
Potato soup or just on walks
I miss our friendly talks

Aw, Stuart -- making me laugh even when he's in a completely different hemisphere. Feel free to submit your own (brief) odes, though I daresay no one is going to be able to capture my awesomeness quite so effectively as Stuart.
*emphasis added by the editor (and rightfully so!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess you were right - no one was able to capture your awesomeness like Stuart! But still, I felt kind of bad that no one left any comments, so here's one: Stuart is absolutely right (and I'm your mom, so I know it's true)!