15 February 2010

And another thing --

Stephane just made a little picture site w/photos taken in their camp during distributions. There are a lot of them, so it might seem tedious, but definitely take a look at least at the thumbnails and see their camp, distributions, and the 'milk tent' they've established for children. The story is that before Stephane and his group took over, people in surrounding camps/areas called this camp 'Cite Soleil', an unfavorable comparison w/the notorious slum, but that now people are referring to this camp as 'Belleville', which is a weirdly Irvine, California-like gated community on the outskirts of PAP -- so job well done, Stephane and crew.

Notice some of the children in the tent wearing clothes that do not properly cover them, especially girls in dresses that do not zip. Stephane has also reported that there are children in the camp entirely naked. I am working with some local schools, churches, and families to gather supplies to send down there, including children's clothes but also many other items; if you are interested in assisting with this, contact me via email or comment and I will send a list of things we are collecting.

The link for the photos is:
http://picasaweb.google.com/113074725325497978294/MilkClinicAndNFIDistrib12Feb09#

2 comments:

Susan said...

Send me some info.

Unknown said...

OMG! I looked at every single one of those pictures and I could handle almost everything until I saw the look in those children's eyes. I just cried looking at those innocent little eyes staring into the camera. But I hope and pray that Stephane knows what an impact he is having on these precious little children. He's an amazing person!