26 October 2010

Not joking....

Was reading through some CVs today, trying to tie up some loose ends before my exciting last day on Friday, and I came across possibly the funniest thing I've yet encountered here. I reach the reference page and at the top in all capital letters I find:

'JESUS CHRIST FILS DE DIEU TOUT PUISSANT'

I stared at this for about 10 seconds trying to figure out if this person had genuinely listed Jesus Christ Himself as their first reference (even gave Him a job title!) and I realized, yes, yes he did.

Do you think that's a personal or professional reference? Sadly, no contact information was provided.

Coming in a close second is another CV wherein the applicant felt it was pertinent to inform us that her previous job responsibilities included 'ordering sugar, every day.' Well, that's just swell.

2 comments:

Autumn said...

This is the best thing I've read today.

susan said...

If you think Jesus has tenure, I'll stick him on my CV as a dissertation reader. Miss you and hope you're not contaminated with the plague.