06 January 2006

And Now, the Moment You Have All (vaguely, half-heartedly, after running out of other thgs. to do) Been Waiting For....

...my triumphant return. Which is in actuality more like a rather depressed, haunted-by-dread-in-the-pit-of-my-stomach-at-the-prospect-of-school-starting-again, trudge back to reality. Or semi-reality, at least, b/c I do still have a few more days of freedom. Seriously, I'm not sure I have ever been so unenthusiastic abt. learning. This is what science does to you, folks -- it makes you hate smthg. you thought you loved. Like learning. Or french fries (and fattening foods generally). Or motion. Well, it explains in graphic, irrefutable, excruciating detail why you should hate thgs. you thought you loved. I just keep telling myself that this will all be worth it...in 10 yrs. when I finally graduate fr. med/grad school. Funny how that doesn't imbue me w/a warm, fuzzy feeling of validation.

On a positive note, Steve is home and it has thus far been quite pleasant. Of course, it's been only 36 hrs. and Eli isn't home yet, so the fur isn't flying, but I prefer to focus on the good and steadfastly ignore the potential bad and continue thinking this will go on forever. Perhaps part of why I am more apt to do this than I would normally be is that Steve has a new friend who, although female, is wonderfully intelligent and funny and not painful to be around! I like this person (Michelle) so much that I have attempted to foster in Steve a more-than-friendly interest in her, but to no avail (for the moment). I have high hopes, though. Which probably adds to the mounting evidence that I am losing contact w/reality. But let me have for the next two days at least, as all fun will cease to exist for me at 7am on Mon.

You know, going back to "life" might not seem so bad had I not had an absolutely fucking fantastic holiday, for which I am indescribably grateful. But me gushing abt. how fab-o my life is doesn't make for v. interesting reading, since I have yet to master the upbeat humorous writing, favoring instead sarcasm and sharp wit. I'll work on that. But I did have a great holiday and I am v. sad to see it ending, though I smile every time I think on it.



I apologize in advance if I suddenly become the loudest person on the bitter bus, but next wk. is going to be a real shock to my system, physically and emotionally, as it will signal the end of daily alcohol consumption, copious amts. of sleep, and happiness generally. A big thank you to those who left comments and signed the guest book...made me laugh and love you all more.




Also, I miss you all more than usual. I think we should all buy a big house somewhere and live together forever. Sure, half of you don't know ea. other, but you know me and have not-unfriendly feelings toward me, so what else do you need, really?

No comments: