29 December 2005

My blog's equivalent of the "Come to Jesus" talk

Do y'all know what that is? No, I am not proselytizing, although the origins of the phrase (obviously) come from such a mission. Like when you go to a tent revival (I really hope you know what that is -- see Mark Twain if not, you illiterate bastards) and the preacher gets everyone all worked up abt. how sinful the world is and how sinful we all are and how the only way to escape an eternity of hellfire and damnation is to Come to Jesus. This generally involves some sort of monetary donation, as well as a good bit of hand waving, ecstatic (but not pervy) moaning, and a general praisin' of tha Lawd.

Now, I am not asking for your money (today), but I am asking you to go beyond merely reading the blog and to start making it interactive. Leave some bob-damned comments, ppl (please). Sign my guestbook (you can have fun picking your flag!). And I'm not saying the consequences of disobedience will be eternal hellfire and damnation, but I am a creative girl. I'll come up w/smthg. It may even be better than that old song and dance.

So Come to Jules. Show off your wit and wealth of esoterica by lvng. a little comment once in a while. I know you're reading. You all like to tell me that you're reading, or that that one story abt. how I made an ass of myself was funny, or that reading my blog saves you the guilt of not responding to an email (ahem, Benjamin), but ya know what? Everyone thinks I'm making that up b/c the only ppl. lvng. comments are Daniel, Mar, and, um, myself. So help me prove that I do know more than three ppl. including myself and reassure me that I am not in the beginning stages of crazy, lonely cat lady (it's too soon!) and lv. some love. Hand waving, moaning, and Lawd-praising optional, donations appreciated.

And for the record, a tent revival came a few yrs. ago to the nutcracker of a town I am currently living in and although I DID NOT go, I was sorely tempted. Not b/c I feel the need to Come to Jesus, but just b/c that would have been one hell of a show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've only been reading for 4 days, and already I feel guilty for not leaving a comment :) I hope I get to see a tent revival first hand some day. Though, I'm not sure how a congregation would respond to me giggling at the proceedings... Tar and feather can't hurt that bad, can they?